Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Okay Fine

I can't stop you. If you want to help you can help. Geez. Get off my back. It's harder to hold the tide then let it wash. From now on I'm the rock, not the waves.

I don't know what we need, so I'm going to tell you what we have and you can make your help plans from there. How's that? I think that's good.

So a lot of talk has been made of financial assistance. Here's where we're at: I still have my job and it's regular so I still have my health insurance. That is not changing for now and based on the starting up yesterday I think the transition to home is going to be just fine and there's no need to use that ugly D word anymore except with regards to getting a parking placard for the card. I'm relatively regular with paycheck and insurance. This has also helped my stress, you have no idea.

I'm on track to pay off last year's medical bills by April. This is kind of taking into consideration a tax return, which should be good since I've got a lot to write-off. We have Turbo Tax, but I publicly thank the big brother for the loan of the accountant. Anyway, that's 2010 taken care of. Haven't seen what the bills will be for 2011 yet because it's just started, so let's not talk about that either.

I'm canceling credit cards too and I predict that wearing fewer clothes (or the same flannel pants more than once) is going to reduce debt. Truly.

Hey, I know, here's one for you. I'm at a loss when it comes to food. I'm just not getting the "little meal" concept down very well. I need to boost up my appetite, but keep an eye on quantity and preservation, since it's stuff that gets tapped into a little at a time. Mal can have the big portion and I take mine in several little portions throughout the day/following day. Easy fixin' and low maintenance are the keys I guess --- archival foodstuffs. So far that's left me with potato buds and Ensure energy drinks. It's time to branch out.

There. We are all happy now. Are you happy now? You are happy now. I am happy now. Oh! Time to put on the flannels and get ready for work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are your thoughts on cheese? foods involving cheese, not just a giant hunk of cheese.

p.s. the word verification for this comment is "reeme" -- which makes me chuckle since i have the maturity level of a fifth grader.

-deepfry

li'l hateful said...

The cancer books are so anti-dairy, but there's no way I'd give up cheese. In fact, I think I'm going to wheedle that baked mac and cheese recipe out of sara.

My word is librotio ... is that a word?

floraphile said...

That a girl! I guess that makes me one of the waves. Or a part of a wave, or something. But don't think of me as beating you down, but building you up. It's a love wave. In a non-freaky, totally family-friendly kind of way.

String cheese and a handful of almonds. That's my mini meal.

Anonymous said...

awesome. also, nuts: tasty snack or food of the devil?

p.s. the nuts and cheese will NOT be incorporated into a single dish. eww. unless you have a hankering for a cheeseball. actually, even if you do have a hankering for a cheeseball, i'm not sure i can support that.

this time my word is "opingfie." which sounds like a small bird.

i think "librotio" is the word for someone's uncle who is a librarian.

--deepfry, the opingfie