Thursday, January 06, 2011

Well, there's an interesting story behind this...

As part of the Hope for 2011 season I have officially signed in and made myself available on the ticket lottery for

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW!!!!

Does this make me old? Yeah, okay maybe.

It's coming to Eugene in June and they pick the tickets by lottery in May, which is really involved and makes you wonder why, after all that trouble to get on the show, you'd bring a broken tin toy that you purchased the week before at a magic shop. I mean, put some effort into it. Not everyone has priceless stuff in their house, but there's certainly enough time to dig something up or why go at all? Come on.

Things I'm considering (yes! even though it's only January):
- my grandmother's signed program with Joan Crawford and Sid Graumman's signatures on it
- her 1932 Olympics stuff, which is still down at mom and dad's house, but easily accessible
- books? I don't know ... I think what I have is all moderate value and not worth television time compared to other things
- oh! my proof picture of Tyrone Power holding up a train in Jesse James

The antiques world is my oyster and I'm all a-buzz. I wish I had some big piece of furniture for the twins.

Chemo news --- dude, it sucks, I'll just say that. This is the "mild" stuff too and it's most unkind to my system. I know, it's chemical, yah yah yah, what did I expect yah yah yah... But I didn't think it would suck this much. Well, maybe I did. Hoping to sort it out by the weekend and return to regular hatefulness next week.

1 comment:

Wuh said...

OK! I am officially signed up for the drawing as well. How thrilling! Too bad it's an online application. There's no way I can bend the corner of my form just right so that the person drawing names snags their hand on mine! Let's use our Jedi mind tricks instead........