Thursday, August 06, 2009

Full Moon? Yes.

Actual phone conversation (with some security changes) that just happened:

Me: -------------.com, this is li'l hateful.
Customer: Yeah, my order is 79490.
Me: I'm sorry, that's not one of our order numbers. Was this ordered from ------------.com?
Customer (barking): Who else would I have ordered it from?!
Me (tries to read mind. fails): I don't know. What's your name?
Customer: Jim L------.
Me (checks order database): I'm sorry, I don't show that you've ordered from us. What is the item?
Customer: What good with that do you if you say I didn't order from you???
Me: I can get you a phone number for someone who can help if I know what this is regarding.

Customer launches into long involved story about a big and tall executive chair that he ordered on Tuesday, just received, the guys put it in his office, he sat in it, got up to get coffee, came back AND THERE WAS A HOLE IN IT! A HOLE!!!!!

Me: Well, we haven't sold that chair since May, so I --
Customer: Listen, I've got a Staples catalog sitting on my desk. What does that tell you?

(pause to control laughter and snarky response ... fail)

Me: It tells me you ordered it from Staples. Here's their phone number.

*** that was followed by this email from someone else ***

"Our order was received and I am very pleased, thank you. If you had any sort of coupon toward our next hypothetical order, I think I could sell my boss on locking you in as a go-to."

Sure, here's a virtual coupon for your hypothetical order.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks so much for that...I've been grumpy all night, but that? That just made me laugh so hard I had to put my head down on my desk.