Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Instant Karma's Gonna Git You

This is what I get for starting the morning with a rant.

This was the first experience and it was actually with a co-worker. He came back later and got me and said the same thing, but it was much longer. This was shorter and you get this gist (all typos are verbatim):

Is this your first visit?
Visitor: yes
Great! We appreciate the opportunity to assist you! How can I help you today?
Visitor: The new "Dixon Ticonderoga" are junk. I just bought 2 boxes of each.
Did you buy them from us? What is your order number please?
Visitor: I don't remember. That's not the point. The point is that you're pedaling cheap Chinese junk, and passing if off as known quality mdse.
I'm sorry you are unhappy with the product--
Visitor: If you thik passing the junk as quality mdse, you are a young modern that should not have your job. If you choose to not answer me, it won't change my opinion. I will look for qulity elsewhere. You and your low quality company can look for customers that don't know any better. Don't try to pass this off with sarcastic comments. Try doing your job and pass along my criticism.
Visitor: I am the customer! For a fact!

He concluded this with "End of Message" and then told me that co-worker had hung up on him.

He gave us his name later and it turned out that he had purchased them from someone else -- for a fact! -- and most of my chat time with him was trying to convince him of this. He was a retired former Federal employee, so who the hell was I to tell him he was wrong? Some young modern, I guess.

No comments: