Monday, July 06, 2009

Skip a bit if you're tired of Formula 1

Sorry to post F1 stories all the time, but every day I read some f-up story about the people who run it. Chief f-up is Bernie Ecclestone, President and CEO of F1. On July 4th he gave an interview to The Times where he said "that he preferred totalitarian regimes to democracies and praised Adolf Hitler for his ability 'to get things done.'" (You can read the whole thing here.)

Bernie's hit back at criticism, saying that it's all a big misunderstanding:

"I wasn't using Hitler as a positive example, but pointing out that before his dreadful crimes he worked successfully against unemployment and economic problems," said Ecclestone.

The wide-circulation German newspaper (the Bild) asked the Briton if he felt the need to apologise.

"It was never my intention to hurt the feelings of any community," Bernie replied. "Many people in my closest circle of friends are Jewish.

"Anyone who knows me knows that I would never attack a minority," he added.

nice.

No comments: