Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Changeling

No, not the new Jolie picture -- not to knock the Jolie and Squint, but that movie looks kind of bloated and Oscar-panderish. I think JCVD is going to be the movie of the year.

The changeling in this case is the cousin/roommate, who has yet to come out of his new adult bedroom. I predict he will awaken as a new man. Yesterday he removed himself from the floor and onto a real mattress on a real bed. I know in Japan sleeping on a floor is just fine, but in Eugene ... I guess it's still just fine in most places, but today that trend has ended on Taylor St. As proof of it, he's still snoring in there.

We also have a lovely sectional with a chaise lounge and in about a week we'll have a dining room table. Ad-Dults. We are adults, and it feels right fine.

Other news -- the mini Dell ... you know, if they weren't such bastards I would recommend buying one. If you do decide to get one I have 2 bits of advice: cry into the phone and, if they delay shipment, tell them you want to cancel the order. They shipped it 3 days after I called to cancel it, which got it to me 2 weeks before I was scheduled to receive it. Had I known that would work I would have tried it weeks ago.

It's not a bad little laptop and it will fit into most lunchboxes. It weighs less than my AP Stylebook. For $500, that's pretty sweet. Now, with my cellphone and my iPod and my laptop, I can finally fit in with the kids, right? Time to buy some Hollister jeans ... oh, wait ... am I an woman or a misses, even though I have to buy juniors pants? Being an adult is tough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off the floor by forty.

li'l hateful said...

Man, tell you what. The sad thing about all this is, as happy as I am for the cousin/roommate, my Ikea furniture is now totally shamed. My bed gets put together with the shlurg pegs, and he's got real wood n junk.