Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes we can

Last night I wasn't going to watch it because I didn't want to get my hopes up only to wake up to another Republican morning. So we took time to buy some food, make some food, hanging around the kitchen away from the television, until about 7:30.

When he won Pennsylvania I nearly had a coronary. When he won Ohio I thought maybe this time it'll be okay, maybe this time it'll work, maybe this time -- Then came Florida! Then Virginia -- Virginia was looking totally McCain and then THEN it went blue! Then McCain gave in and wisely didn't allow Palin to speak, but as eloquent and old-school McCain, the McCain I used to like, as he was, it was disturbing to hear the boos in the Biltmore audience.

What the f...?

Tried calling my mom all night to find out that she was on the phone with the little brother the whole time. The little brother and wife voted McCain/Palin. What the F...?! WHAT??? And mom tells me that my one of my aunts claimed to have "proof" that Obama was the Antichrist.

But then, this morning, he was still president and it was all okay.

Some kids in the student union were talking about how they knew Obama would win and so they just went to bed.

I couldn't sleep.

No comments: