Sunday, October 26, 2008

K-9, 24-7

Who'da thought this term would be worse than that time I took Information Gathering? But, when I'm not writing papers, watching films, or getting beat on headline writing, I get to do really cool stuff like ride around with the cops.

Spent 4 hours in a K-9 unit yesterday with a Czechoslovakian dog named Creck and his human, Tony. We toured the town looking for crime and finding nothing. Creck didn't get out of the car except to chase his rope-ball or intimidate some stoners in a stolen car. It'sa' nicea town, this Oregon. We don't have a lot of trouble with the bad people. Two of our calls were for nothing and one ended before we even got there.

I likes small town living.

Maybe I'll be a cop. It's got to be better than sitting in here on a Sunday and responding to emails calling me "Sir" or "Gentlemen" -- mein Gott, when will the old men learn that women are in the fecking workplace?

Roger that. Hateful out.

2 comments:

Lesli Larson said...

Gosh. I was just contemplating a k-9 unit car yesterday and asking myself all sorts of questions your article might answer, like: where does the dog ride? where does the dog ride if there's someone cuffed in the backseat of the car. where do the dogs come from? how are they trained? what's the dog like? could you pet the dog? how does one join a k-9 unit? and on.

li'l hateful said...

I'm right glad you axed that, little lady. The K-9 officer rides in the back -- and it's kind of sad to hear his little nails clicking on the metal as he steadies himself during a stop in traffic. It reminds me (sorry, mom) of when my mom used to try and make peanut butter sandwiches while standing up in a moving motor home. Perps ride with someone else -- this is just the dog car, ma'am. He was so sweet too. I want my own Czechoslovakian German shepherd. I will love him and pet him and feed him and keep him away from Veda, etc...