Saturday, November 01, 2008

Some Scary Sh...t

Scary: This is one of the many spiders we keep finding in the house. It's similar to the one Veda was wrestling with a couple of weeks ago. Where the hell do they keep coming from and why won't they die die die die die? By the way, for size comparison, think of a small dog.


Scarier: this comment from my mom's friend, "I'm worried that if Obama wins the election the black people will think they can take over." Dude. It's not like she lives in the south. This is coming out of California. Now every time I see someone with a McCain/Palin sign I think "racist motherf----". That ain't right.

Scariest: pictures from this year's Halloween party. We were comics/cartoons, and, yes, Silvia, you can say "I KNEW it!" because when you have glasses and not a lot of time (and already own most of the clothes) Velma is the easy way out.

That's me with my "date" Racer X. Her costume was borrowed from the cousin/roommate who couldn't make the gig, so she wasn't sure about wearing it, but wanted to go to the party. ("I don't even know who it is," she said. He's the most misunderstood racer in Formula 1, I told her. "Oh. Okay. Do I have to wear the mask? I feel like a condom.") Jaysis, I look fat, smug and a-sexual. Costume success. Yeah, that's not my hair, by the way.

Wuh was the great (greatest) Marlys, which is funny because I also checked out Lynda Barry for costume ideas, but couldn't scrape it together fast enough. Wuh even decked out in freckles. She's my hero.

But the winners...

You know, I thought their Gene Rayburn/Julie the Cruise Director were good outfits, and the Wes Anderson combination was masterful (we won't talk about the year he was Yanni), but Cruella and Yukon Cornelius? Come on. The best ever. Haven't we all secretly wished for the marriage of Disney with Rankin-Bass?

1 comment:

reverend dick said...

Yukon Cornelius is genius!