Saturday, July 05, 2008

one more time one more time

Doctor called this afternoon and freaked me out by saying I needed to come back in because my platelet count was low (what the?) and he wanted to do a CT scan of my head (!).

Oh, and can I do that today? As soon as I can get in. Yeah. That would be great.

Fecking a ... so I freak out the cousin/roommate and the big brother who's supposed to be here for a good time and we all speed over to spend another 5 hours at the hospital (the boys did get hustled off to Taylor's for fish n' chips, hush puppies and some harassment from the Bud Light girls).

The head scan was negative -- nothing in there, ha HA -- but the platelet count was still low. Dude, I know that sucker was high when I went to the university doc in February, but this virus has apparently knocked it back. What the hell kind of virus did I have? And when do you think I'll eat at the Bell again? How 'bout nev-fucking-ever. Anyway, now I've got ITP, which will be treated by a cancer doctor, even though it's not cancer and I'm not to think for a second that I have cancer, because it's not that bad, but the blood doctor is the cancer doctor on the side or during or whatever way they double-up on jobs there.

Fahhhhhh, not to talk like a grumpy old woman, but what the hell is all this gonna cost me? Vegas is looking like one cheap week, friends.

Oh, and no exciting stories from the ER this time, although I guess the waiting room was pretty interesting. Too bad the big brother shut down the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The waiting room wasn't nearly as interesting as the ER was on Thursday. In general it was your usual trailer park, Bud drinkin' crowd. There was a reason why the NASCAR race was on the TV.

Thanks for the interesting weekend.