Friday, February 15, 2008

I'm Becoming My Mother

Which isn't all bad -- if I can start out by saying so. She's good people, mom. She's a sailor's daughter and good fun on a road trip. My little brother has told me before that I sound like mom on the answering machine and, like mom, I've reached the point where I can no longer handle my booze after 3 (in my hey-day I could take down 7 ... then 5 ... now it's 3). But the most telling aspect came after a visit to the doctor this week.

I'm 5'4".

Friends, I used to be 5'5.5".

It doesn't help that I'm also a wee bit heavier than I'm a'pposed to be, but all this time I thought I had some wiggle room because 147 and 5'5" isn't toooooo bad. But at 5'5"? No wonder I've got a belly! So everything squashes down (which is kind of okay since I've always had an absurdly long torso), but then it squashes out around the middle (not okay). Mom does not have that specific problem, although she is definitely shorter now than she was 5-8 years ago. But it's not osteo-blahblah. In fact, doc says I'm way healthy n' junk with 103% on the pulmonary test and effed up good blood, but I'm exhausted by my shhedule and have to go to bed at 8 for a while -- oh yeah, and I have disk compression. Boh. Che faro? Can't be helped, although it's not a bad time to start on the calcium.

3 comments:

reverend dick said...

Your doc must have mad skills to, like, know from tests that you have "effed up good blood."
At least you have your hair?

Take a Meatballs, a Stripes and an Hombre and call me in the morning.

li'l hateful said...

I'm just sayin', when he told me the red blood and platelet count he was all excited n' stuff. Go figure. I don't even know what a platelet is, but if it's high who am I to question it?

And why watch "Hombre" when "White Comanche" is so much better?

reverend dick said...

wow, just looked at White Commanche and (foolishly?) added it to the top of the que. The reviews weren't kind, but they were unkind in all the right ways.
I don't see Shatner (even shirtless) stacking up against Newman in any real way though.