Sunday, February 17, 2008

Veda .... oh Veeeeeeeeeedaaaaa


Veda is a cat./She is a Si-a-mese/She likes to play with toys/She is so ea-sy to please/I think she is just swell/I really like to dwell/On herrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Okay, I can't do it. Doesn't sound a thing like "Venus". Besides, every time I want to sing "Venus" I hear my pop say "You know how we used to sing this song in high school?" (no, dad, no! "Oh peeeeeeeeenis .... oh peeeeeeeeenissssss")

And so this is Veda, the replacement pet. She's settled in, thanks to the double-hangovers last weekend incapacitating myself and the cousin/roommate which left us incapable of doing anything but watch 1970s movies and pet the cat. She likes her purple caterpillar (shown above) and my socks, and is well on the way to being trained as a dog-cat. (She's currently swinging around one of my dirty socks from the laundry. I'm going to train her to walk on a leash one day, you'll see.)

Her other early morning favorite past-time is wrestling down the scratch post. She's pinned it here and has earned a rest.

No comments: