Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My My! At Waterloo Napoleon did sur-ren-dah

It's how I remember that today is the cousin/roommate's birthday. Same day as the Battle of Waterloo. I used to wake him up with Abba, but that was when his bedroom was directly above the stereo. Now he can close the door and it doesn't work as well.

I'll just have to bang pots and pans around instead.

Almost relaxed for summer -- it's only Tuesday, so, ya know, give me a minute, okay? I've been gardening and reading ("Night Watch" by Sarah Waters) and trying to get into the summer mood before the return of the long day next week. But I suspect the next 4 weeks will go by quickly and I'll be at the Bally's pool sooner than expected. I hope anyway...

Events:
Nothing new from the real estate guy and it's not listed on their website yet, so I guess we just have to keep it clean a little bit longer. The front lawn is mowed and (sort of) weeded and the spare room is organized. What ta do... Our previous landlord had a house for rent, but I ain't got none $1350 to pay (even divided in two), so we had to pass.

Wow, maybe it really is summer and the livin' is easy. No drama. No excitement. Just a birfday dinner of salmon on the new beebeeQ and all ist gut, ja. Bon.

No comments: