Thursday, November 08, 2007

(not much) PROGRESS (to) REPORT

Met with my adviser yesterday and was told that I had so far done a pretty good job setting up my classes without their help (good), but at the rate I was going it was going to take me 7 more terms to finish school (bad). I had filled my requirements for Social Science and the Arts (good), but I still need two terms each of Science-Science and Economics (bad). I can only take one more Astronomy course for the Science requirement (bad bad bad).

I get it, well-rounded. I get it. But is there a science out there that doesn't use math? Maybe the Physics of Light and Color or something ... I don't know. fahhhhhhh so I have to increase my class schedule, somehow continue my full-time job so I can keep the 401K and dental insurance (dental plan -- Lisa needs braces -- dental plan -- Lisa needs braces) and take science and economics instead of more classes about TV detectives, etc.... School blows.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Does Geology count as a science science, or an earth science? I took an intro to geology course to fulfill a non-liberal arts credit and actually ended up enjoying it. Minimal math.

Anonymous said...

As you know, math is not my friend. I felt more than a little worried when I signed up for classes at UO back in the day, but was able to get all of my science classes covered with no math at all. Too bad the same couldn't be said for economics. Those classes aged me.

I took anthropology for three terms as my cluster, and then filled in the gaps with astronomy, geology (Earthquakes and Volcanoes. It was a great class. We went on a field trip and everything!),and a bizarre class called Physicist's View of Nature, a quantum physics class meant for non science majors. All of these classes were blessedly 100% math free.
Stay away from Organic Chemistry. I've heard that has a splash of math near the end.
(:

Anonymous said...

...Anatomy.

li'l hateful said...

Yeah ... Hey, I forgot all about Geology and Volcanology and junk like that. And Anatomy ... that's a good one. I know where some of that stuff is already, so it should be easy-peasy. Thanks, kids! You're the best!

And Economics = pass/no pass from the get-go.