Friday, November 09, 2007

Dreamlog Revisited

So for the past 2 nights I've had these horrible, vivid nightmares. Last night some Louisiana (no really) mafia guy was coming into my house with a gun -- I know because I saw him through the fish-eye -- and the night before it was Mike Rowe (no. really.) from "Dirty Jobs" shooting at me through the halls of a Home Depot.

What does it mean? I don't feel persecuted (I don't think so anyway) or particularly vulnerable ... geez, is Freud full of crap? What the hell -- why 2 nights in a row? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Then I read the New York Times this morning:

No Country for Old Men (2007)
NYT Critics' Pick

YAY! The new Coen brothers movie is here! Hooray!
And Tommy Lee Jones as a Texas sheriff again ... I never get tired of seeing him in uniform. Much better stereotype than the Brian-Dennehy-bad-cop or Tony-Danza-as-Tony 'types.

2 comments:

Mr. Bascomb said...

I'm with ya here, dude...There's no getting tired of listening to that Tommy Lee Jones drawl and him in a stetson and wearing a gold star. Wait...it's not like I'm fantasizing about him in a pair of chaps without any pants on, or anything...Not that there's anything wrong with that! Ok...let's just move on.

New Cohen Bros. is always something to look forward to.

But hey, let's not forget about some of Dennehy's and Danza's better against-type performances. What about "Belly Of An Architect," or Don, the bartender, from "10"! Plus, make sure to check out Tony in the neglected 'indie film' "Illtown" where he plays a gay drug-lord. Besides, it's got Kevin Corrigan in it as well. That's reason enough alone to give it a watch. NOT that I'm fantasizing about Kevin Corrigan and Tony Danza making out or anything...Although, not that there's anything wrong with that!...Geez, I better just stop now.

li'l hateful said...

It's funny, we saw "Ratatouille" last night (and, yes, I cried like a baby), which featured the Dennehy as a pretty convincing dad-rat.

I like Kevin Corrigan, but I wouldn't want to see him make out with Danza. Dude. That's a whole other nightmare.