Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm a believer AMEN

I fought against this whole Netflix thing. It just smacks of lazy, and I like going into the video store and spending an hour wandering around not remembering what I came in there for because there are 14 other movies distracting me. But, whatever, all our friends are doing it and we want to be like the cool people, so we signed up.

I looked for "Odd Man Out" -- saved, not in -- "Drunken Angel" -- saved, not in -- and why does it tease you with a picture of the cover and then say that "saved" means it doesn't exist yet when I fecking KNOW that "Odd Man Out" is on a g-damned Criterion disc! "Wuthering Heights" -- save -- screw it, we can at least pick off some Star Trek ... which leads to a fight over what he have and what we don't have. Cah! Do they even have any decent Richard Widmark??

So I add Star Trek ... and then "Rollercoaster" and "Murder on the Orient Express" ... and then, hey, what's this? They have the 6th season of Men Behaving Badly, which has the one where Gary and Deborah get married, which is hilarious, and the episode about Gary's couch ... and they have those I Love Lucy episodes where she's in Hollywood and "Random Harvest" and "Capricorn One" and "Westworld" and "Slaughterhouse Five" and --

HOLY SWEET JESUS IN THE MANGER!

Neflix has episodes of Taggart!

No WAY! Flicks n' Pics didn't even have Taggart! No one carries these discs.

So now I have 75 dvd's in the queue. And I know they treat you nice, like a new boyfriend, for the first couple of months, and then the honeymoon ends, and you start to not get the stuff in the queue like you used to, because they don't want you to take too much advantage of their goodness, so I moved the Taggart's up to the top so we can get those first.

I love Netflix.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blockbuster's program is a much better deal. Their online selection far exceeds their in-store selection. You get 3 dvd's at a time for the same price as Netflix, and you can switch them out for dvd's at Blockbuster while you wait for the next one to arrive. So, you always have a movie and you can still browse in a movie store. No, I don't work for Blockbuster, I've just found their service to far exceed what I got at Netflix, and they're both big corporations if you're worried about that aspect.

li'l hateful said...

Big corporations shmig corporations -- let freedom ring, I say. Who am I to keep down the rich guys?

But Blockbuster doesn't have Taggart or Drunken Angel or Odd Man Out. At least Netflix is teasing me with a promise on the pictures, but they are definitely filling -- oh yeah, what a fill -- on the Taggart. Next disc comes on Monday and it's "Evil Eye". Oh MAN I can't wait.