Saturday, July 07, 2007

Run for Life

Results have been posted for the 2007 Butte to Butte. The older brother (737 out of 1959) came in at 1:09:35, while the cousin/roommate (1019) and I (1020) pulled in a (fairly) respectable 1:14:38 and 1:14:44.How I ended up 6 seconds slower than the guy I was walking next to is still a mystery, but the brother definitely dropped us going into the 3rd mile of the walk. That's only fair. I was getting a stitch and I've developed some kind of weird tendon-pain-thing in the left foot, so there was no way I was going to race him to stay ahead.

All-in-all, we appear to be in the middle to the end of the walkers -- the fastest was an absurd 28:34 -- it was 4.5 miles! I know this guy took a subway. He finished before the first runner ... there's no way -- and the slowest was 1:40:55.

Health, health, health. And then we went and had beer and tequila tonics.

Had a good time with the brother. It doesn't look like he'll be moving up here now that he's on the fast track for a promotion at work. But I know that one day he'll fold, just like the others down there in Cali. He could double the size of his house for half the cost and not pay sales tax or pump his own gas. Oh yeah. He'll move.

No comments: