Monday, May 21, 2007

In and nothing like Flynn

Bitch post, so look out.

We've moved in and so far:
- the phones really don't work (we have 2 that do in all 7 rooms (not counting garage or bathrooms). isn't that funny? I'm psychic!
- there's a leak coming from somewhere. we don't know where. so I had to come downstairs to shower this morning at 4 am and I'm not happy about it, mostly because the increasing drip seems to prove what I've said all along which is it doesn't effing matter if I use upstairs or downstairs, because it's going to leak either way, but now I'm cranky and my hair is wet in weird places where it was supposed to be dry and and and and and
- and the refrigerator doesn't work. our milk is in the freezer

oh, but the rototiller guys are coming to fix the front yard, which is nice, because it looks like pants, but I feel bad throwing a plumber and a new refrigerator at the landlord since he's already shelling out for the yard.

What's good is having friends to help you move and stop you from crying.

And, honestly, I kind oflike sitting on the living room floor and using an upside-down soup pot for a desk. It's cosy and bohemian. I guess that's weird, but there you are.

Now I have to figure out where I put my house keys yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah...my tenants told me yesterday that their phones aren't working...remember that place in Whittier with only one plug...god, what was that landlord's name..Ed Christmas? Didn't you have to do dishes in the tub in that place? And didn't I lose your Enigma soundtrack LP out of the back of the truck. God, moving sucks.

li'l hateful said...

HA! Forgot about Ed ... The gold leaf wallpaper, the guy offering "hooch" who lived in the back ... those were the days. Fah, this place is nothing then. Talked to the 'lord on the phone today after trading emails ... he sounded so sad. Wanted to say "Dude, try not to rent to circus freaks next time" and then remembered that's the only kind of renters in Eugene (present company excepted of course).