Saturday, March 31, 2007

Baby Bust - or How Shopping Can Sometimes Suck

I'm tired of hearing about, listening to, being bombarded on the Internet, television and other media by, and the constant discussion of babies and children.

You with kids, you go and have your family and peace on the path. You teach your offspring all that you've learned and pass on your experiences. Fa bene. But stop telling me about it and for the love of God, stop trying to convince me that my life is somehow empty without a baby. This is directed less at people I know (because people I know don't generally do that) than at the media who keep pushing children at me left and right in commercials, on billboards, and every flippin' time I open up Yahoo.

This is why I love old movies. They feature adults doing adult things without the hindrance of perky moppets (apart from that kid in "Three On a Match" whose screeching cuteness is perfectly matched with Ann Dvorak's plunge into adultery, alcoholism and drug addiction -- all within the space of an hour!).

And those out there in the retail stores with your screaming, howling, drooling, animal children, if you don't speak to your beast about his or her lack of good behavior, I will speak to them, because I don't give a damn if you think I'm butting in on your parenting (or lack thereof) skills. Let's face it, if I have do it for you, then clearly, you must suck at it.

that is all.

No comments: