Monday, April 02, 2007

I don't hate kids, I just don't respect them. It's not the same thing.

Okay, so I was totally irritated on Saturday. It can all be brought down to one obnoxious kid in Old Navy, but that's all it takes when you have low blood sugar. I came home, had some left over #20 Special from Vietnam, bitched about it in the blog, sang along with "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" and everything was suddenly all better.
And, yes, I was behind that one obnoxious kid in Old Navy. He shouted "MINE" at his mother throughout the store-- in the dressing room (where it was actually "NO" and "I WANT it!"), in the aisles, in the line to check out ... and his mother's response was always an inefficient "shh shh shh -- hey, [fill in sister's name] these are on sale." So, when I was waiting behind them in line to check out I gave him a look that showed how he was becoming the camel that broke the straw's back. He quickly shut up, but the bitter aftertaste clearly remained until I got home. Feckin' hell, why do I have to shut up other people's children?

Today is the first day of school. I did nothing of worth during Spring Break (except buy 4 tank tops at Old Navy -- they actually had the nice colors in size Medium for the first -- and probably last -- time ever) and now I'm going back into the books for another 10 weeks. Bene. Allora.

No comments: