Saturday, October 14, 2006

Week 3

The first 2 weeks of school are pretty exciting. The classes are new and there are all kinds of nutty situations with the fellow students -- first I love, then I hate, then I love again, and then ... then it's all pear-shaped. It all falls apart in the 3rd week. That's when the getting up at 4:30, the irritating situations at work, the unending homework, and lack of personal time really starts to take its toll. Why? Why? What will come of this? Is it worth it? Why?

And other pathetic whinging.

That said, after 3 weeks I can safely sum up the classes. La:

Italian 201 - Dios mio! I love this class. I still suck at spelling, but I'm starting to understand the instructor as the class continues. She's patient with us and illustrates what she's talking about when we get lost in the discussion -- she actually acts out the word or phrase. She's the best. I hope I can score her again next term.

Journalism 202 - Info Hell. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but since when is the Eugene Register-Guard an alternative paper? I got marked down for that? Whatever.

Film History - enough said on this, except for one more note: "Forrest Gump" was mentioned in class, was asked by professor to general class if it won best picture, my big mouth blurted out "yes", and grad student teacher shook his head at me. Wh-what? It sure as hell DID win. It was the worst movie ever and it fecking beat "Pulp Fiction" that year! You were what ... 10 when it came out? Huh, sonny? Let me tell you, boy-chick, if there's one thing I know it's crap trivia and that crap trivia was correct (this time ... okay, yeah, I was wrong about United Artists being a production company, sure).

Back to homework now. No more weekends until Christmas. Cah ... school + work = stupit idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That'll teach them to challenge you on movie related trivia. They didn't make you watch Gump, did they?

li'l hateful said...

No, thank God. Once around that horror is enough.