Friday, March 24, 2006

the term is over ... it's all behind me ...

Can you tell that I was singing like Pete Townsend? No? You'll just have to take my word for it then.

The last final exam was yesterday. It was History 105 and I think I did passably well ... although I can't remember if I matched Louisiana up with anything or if that was a extra term or if I just forgot to do it or forgot what I explained about it. It's a mystery. I was a little down yesterday just thinking about it, but now I really don't care. So I get 2 C's and an A (I'd better get an A in Writing -- even if I fail the last paper on Foucault I should balance out to a B). Whatever. WHATEVER, say I. Next term it's Shakespeare (got it), Fiction Writing (got it) and another go at Italian (need it).

Tonight I'm celebrating with a wee drinkie and a new pc --- it turns out, and this will probably come as no surprise to anyone except me, that even the cheapest emachine at Best Buy is superior to my 6 year-old Gateway Profile. But, gosh, I was surprised to learn that we lost at the Alamo (and where do I find out? At the Alamo), so I'm a bit of a dumb-ass.

("This is where the gallant men of the Alamo lost their lives..." what? but I thought ... what the f?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oY! You gettin' a new computer? I don't suppose you want my Mac? You and your Mac-hating mania. But free. $500 'll keep you in Pop Tarts for a long time.

li'l hateful said...

Mac .... Big Mac ... fast food ... computer ... no, it's just not going together in my head. IBM is my only love (tho' I dare not speak its name). Besides, Addiction Solitaire isn't compatible with Mac.