Thursday, May 05, 2005

Zut! Mein Gott

Last week a co-worker said the following to me (without irony): "I'd like to go back to the time of the Third Reich. Things were much more organized then."

Which leads me to today's Customer of the Day:

Me: Thank you for choosing [my workplace]! Is this your first visit?
david: HELLO
Me: Hello! How can I help you today?
david: I want to buy an American Made cross cut paper shreader.
david: do you have any?
Me: As far as I'm aware all of the shredders in our catalog are American-made
david: Can you check? I don't buy from commies that are supply guns to our enemies to kill Americans.
david: I do NOT want to buy from CHINA.

[I especially love that last line. It's as though he thought I was arguing with him. "You MUST buy from CHINA!"]

Me: Quartet GBC is located in Skokie, IL
Me: Fellowes is located in Itasca, IL
Me: These are the manufacturers of the shredders in our catalog
david: I believe FELLOWS is also klocated in IL. I called Fellows and all their shreaders are ChiCom made.
Me: I'm very sorry. I only have manufacturer locations. I don't have any information on where their products are actually made
david: ok thanks.


Those dirty ChiCommies ...

No comments: