Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Rollercoaster ... doo-doo whoo hoo hoo

up up up

The cousin/roommate and I drove past the McCracken Trucking Company, which reminded me of my friend Kris who used to ask guys to page her friend "Phil McCracken" and ask bartenders if they had Dickens Cider, and how she went by the bar name of Sarcie , and recently had a baby and married her boyfriend Carlos, who used to be over all the time when Sarcie and I were housemates,

down down down

and it made me think of how all of my friends are married or in relationships and/or having kids, and how when I was at the bank depositing a check because I was down to the last $10 in my checking account I looked to the side of the ATM and saw the investment pamphlet that showed a bride tossing a bouquet, and then I came home and all night on Turner Classic Movies it's wedding movies, and how my co-workers all shared an email about Mother's Day because they're all mothers (whether married or not) and it was like they all had this secret handshake and this joke that they could talk about but not explain to me because I wouldn't understand,

up up up

But, I swear, every time Kris asked for Dickens Cider the bartender made an effort to find it. Every time! She had this way of asking that looked incredibly sincere, so people never really knew when she was kidding around. They were always a lot quicker to pick up on the "Phil McCracken" joke.

She liked to order Buttery Nipples using gestures and then drink down the entire shot without using her hands.

It's odd to think of her with a baby. Is it odd to my friends that I don't have one?

Cahhhhhhh isn't "Lost" on yet?

No comments: