Thursday, April 21, 2005

You're Not the Boss of Me

The cousin/roommate has only been gone for a few hours and already the pet is pushing the envelope on bad behavior. Without the Alpha-Male to keep her down, she's climbing, eating, scratching and generally disrespecting me left and right. Which leads me to a feminist rant ... which actually started when my boss talked down to me this afternoon (computer problem? No. Human error because the computer says so. Why am I wasting his time with logic?) and has now escalated to getting my authority run over by a flippin' cat.

Why is the male dominant? Why? We do all the clean-up, dammit. We have the babies and do the problem-solving and laundry. We multi-task to there kingdom control. Is it because they wouldn't have anything else to do if they weren't dominant?

And that would lead to pity ... thinking of all those guys with nothing going on all day except online gambling or cable television ... Let the baby have his dominant bottle then. It keeps him off the streets.

At least they were nice to me at Taco Bell (cook? pfffft no way), but then again, they were all women at the drive-up window.

No comments: