Thursday, April 28, 2005

Instant Karma's Gonna Get You

Today I wore blue tights, a black skirt, blue shirt, red scarf, pink fleece jacket and, to top it, a red bicycle helmet all while riding my bike (also red) to work. And still some meat head decides to turn right across my front tire while I'm in the flippin' crosswalk! If dressing like a clown doesn't get you noticed I don't know what to do.

A block past that incident (and, really, every day I go to work) I pass a truck with one of those white decals on the back -- you know, like Calvin pissing on the Chevy logo, a decal that is actually on the side of said truck -- that has deer antlers and large, hanging breasts pictured side-by-side. Beneath this cartoon is the phrase "2 racks are better than 1."

On reaching the office I open my email to a notice from my boss telling me not to be the boss that he's the boss and makes up the boss rules even though I have denied being the boss and always *always* refer to the boss on boss questions ... but, since he only hears 1/4 of the conversation on our side of the wall, I guess his misunderstanding is ... ... well, inexcusable.

But it's all balanced out. The new stereo is hooked up and the cousin/roommate and I are playing Battle of the Bands. I think I may have pushed the envelope with my Sheila E. single ("The Belle of St. Mark" whose "erotic persuasion" fills Sheila with desire). He's threatening to put on one of those hideous Fresh Aire lps from his step-father's record collection. I'll say this, Marillion, Lord luv 'em, have never sounded better. That little 45 rpm is 20 years-old and it's like new on this turntable. Nik Kershaw wasn't so lucky (warped). Thank God I've got that one on CD.

Winner! He's just put on my Cliff Richard record.

No comments: