Monday, April 18, 2005

My name is Lil H. ... and I'm a gameaholic

Having now crashed my computer twice, I'm going to swear to you all that my days of Yahoo Games are over. Especially that evil thing with the weird monkey skulls and the diamonds and the ... the ... uhhh ohhh God! I have to play it just one more time. I know I can get 4 gold teeth on the statue!

I'm fascinated by the new language of the Internet (including the verb/noun "blog"), by the way. Anyone who's been fool enough to play Jewel Quest would know exactly what I was talking about with the gold teeth, etc... It's a world created by people who read fantasy novels -- those things are all one big private club where it all makes sense if you know that Flurdin killed the Dragon of Murrks with his Shirvish potion/sword/animal mentor. Bottom line: if you have the lingo you can Slingo, daddy-o.

Today's customer quote of the day: "I'm very disappointed in the terrible service I've received. I'll never shop with you again. But you've been very helpful. Thank you."

The ol' pat on the head after it's dropped into the basket under the guillotine ... It made it even better that this was a customer I had actually bent over backwards for: I called said-customer by phone about her order, shopped for her to find something in stock and similar to what she wanted that was out of stock, re-created her order for her, and shipped it next-day ... and UPS lost it in transit, but somehow my lack of attention and shoddy customer service was to blame. Cah, I'm such a slug.

No comments: