Wednesday, November 11, 2009

whoa - what the...

I've made some new friends over at Warner Bros. --- my people, let me tell you a little story about Marketing folk. Maybe you think they seem kind of dingy or that all they want is the money and selling themselves or someone else to get it, but they're good people. Kind people. People of the land, if your land is made of shiny bits of things that have come off of other things, but were the best part of the other things.

What I'm saying is, I've got some friends at Warner Bros Marketing, and because I helped them out with a deal they said I could have a movie poster. So I says to them, I says, "My grandmother danced in 'Footlight Parade' do you have anything from that?" They emailed me this:


Is that Grandma holding Jimmy Cagney? Or at the front? If that's her in front it goes a long way in explaining why she didn't talk much about those days. It's a scandal to the jaybirds what they made them wear, let alone how to dance in it without ... well I guess it's all coming out anyway, dancing or not. Naughty naughty Busby Berkeley.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Oh. my. God. Go grandma!!!!!! I want that poster, too.