Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Cat, Veda

I just want everyone to know this in case some day in the aliens drop down and erase my blog.

Veda, my Siamese cat, used to have 3 soft red balls that she would throw in the air and chase around the living room. One by one, the balls disappeared. When we moved last year and pulled the futon away from the wall, we found this:

All three red balls in a triangle. I showed it to friends, so it's somewhat documented, but we had a good laugh (beer was involved in the moving process) and blew it off.

Here, at the new house, the balls have again disappeared, so she has new ones: a blue one, a yellow one, and a rolled up bit of plastic in the shape of a miniature mouse. This morning we had this in the hallway:

Blue to mouse to yellow to blue.

The pictures aren't all that great because I haven't figured out how to make them great because I suck at it (I shrunk it while drawing in the lines -- whatever), but you get the idea.

Conclusion: She's cute as a little old button, but Veda is clearly not of this earf.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I missed this post originally--I have to say I'm kinda freaked out. This is really weird!

Hilary said...

Veda is clearly here studying humans. Don't reveal all our secrets and make us vulnerable to invasion!

li'l hateful said...

She sleeps with me ... but I know it's just so she can steal my brain.