Thursday, October 08, 2009

Unshun. Reshun.

Facebook blows. That is all.

It's not all. I'm adding to this today (10/9). I have not been able to access my Facebook account since last Saturday. I get this:

Sorry, due to site maintenance your account is unavailable at this time.

It used to say to try back in a few hours. Now at least they're giving me this:

We are currently experiencing an extended site maintenance issue that is preventing some users from accessing their accounts or Pages they may administer. Rest assured that your account has not been deleted or compromised. Your original account will be restored as soon as possible so there is no need to create a new one. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you've encountered while attempting to log in to Facebook during this time.

Yes, day 7 of no contact with my account. My brother has left for Indonesia, my friend is undergoing chemo -- and they're both updating their Facebook page to keep people informed of their progress. Me? I have no idea what's going on. Can't call the brother. Don't want to bother the friend.

I only logged into the damn thing last January. I can't believe how important it's become. But, more than that, I can't believe that this online-only company is completely unable to fix a data/systems issue in 7 days! Why do we trust them with our personal information?

It's a mystery.

No comments: