Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This one's for my dad

My pop didn't believe me when I told him I had seen this, so I used the sh--ty phone camera to capture it for posterity.


Who would buy this? You know that when you get it up to the register the first thing they're going to look at is your turkey neck. "That'll be $42.5--wow that is bad."

It's a little better on their website where the tough love packaging is replaced by a common sense tag line: "If you have skin... you need StriVectin®!" Whew, good thing only a few of us have skin. And as much as I love the ellipsis as a pause between thoughts, I'm not sure what its purpose is there. "If you have skin..." -- take a moment and think about it. Do you have skin? Do you? Really... Do you? Okay then, you need...

4 comments:

reverend dick said...

I think...the ellipsis is to...mimicifyouwill the...speech patterns of one James T. Kirk.

It just makes everthing more appealing.

And plus, I thought about it and I do have the skin. Mostly.

Kelly said...

WHAT! Now I'm worried about Turkey Neck...

Wuh said...

AKA The Wattle. I can't actually say which term is worse. Ick.

What happened to the chin strap Alice wore, along with industrial strength cold cream (in blue!)when she went to bed in her teeny room by the kitchen? Wasn't that supposed to reign in her wattle so Sam the Butcher would still find her fetching? She probably paid $1.99 at Woolworths for it and would scoff at the price of this Turkey Neck cream.

li'l hateful said...

So ... Reverend ... you need ... to get this cream ... mister.

Ladies, we're all getting the Alice/Norma Desmond chin strap. Lotion, fah! If chin straps worked for the pioneers they'll work for me.