Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I feel so very different

Whoo! University of Oregon RULES! The dean actually ended the ceremony with "Go Ducks."

Dude.

Yeah, that's my cap. You can't really tell, but it has a glitter sealant keeping the newspaper down. I wanted to be seen n' stuff. There are more pictures in the Flickr. Most of the time I had my eyes closed or my mouth open or both. I tried to pick out pictures that had a little less of that. Sorry, I have a weird face for photos.

So, it's over now and the family and friends have returned to their normal lives -- the brother has called and said he felt "bad" about not being here (I said, "Good.") and he didn't say "badly," so I think I can forgive him. We still have beer and a lot of Diet Coke in the backyard. I just can't bring myself to empty the ice chests. It's silly but I feel as though I'm acknowledging summer by keeping drinks on the porch.

I've been working today and go into the office for reals tomorrow. But school is over and I can read now and maybe watch a movie all the way through in one sitting, I don't know. Do I wish I was going to work for a newspaper? Kind of. We watched Superman last night (geez, I forgot how corny it was and how Valerie Perrine gave it a PG rating) and I was feeling wistful whenever they were in the Daily Planet newsroom. But the pay is lousy and I need to maintain my heady lifestyle of backyard badminton and periodic penny gambling.

Perhaps I will make this a newsy blog and talk about things like the election in Iran and the economy and why it irritates me that Jon and Kate get paid to have cameras follow them around and then complain that cameras follow them around. Yeah ... that's it ... I'll be a CITIZEN JOURNALIST. (reporter - paycheck = blog)

1 comment:

dwilton said...

where's the flickr link?