Wednesday, April 08, 2009

yeesh


Hey, why isn't Rob Roy on BluRay yet? It's a passable film and it was on MGM HD last night and it looked pretty good, although I didn't watch it all because I didn't want to see Eric Stoltz get killed in HD before I went to bed. (I had nightmares anyway, but, that's another story.) In fact, parts of it made me really uncomfortable -- did Eric Stoltz have to be so filthy? And Liam Neeson's hair certainly doesn't make a good transition to HD, but it was otherwise more earthy (as the cousin/roommate called it) than the dvd version and you can certainly feel the chilly cold with the details provided by HD (frosty breath from John Hurt, gray Ireland skies passing for Scotland, etc...). All I can think is that unless your movie has Jason Statham, your chances of getting a BluRay version are still pretty slim.

School is really hard, by the way. Have I mentioned? I thought the last term was supposed to be a breeze. I want a ditch day and some senior props, not a bunch of reading about shoguns and theories of Neoclassicism. Photojournalism is particuarly frustrating -- it's like typing class and I'm still looking at the keys, which is fast in the beginning and then ends up mediocre while everyone else gets faster. Here's a picture I took for the photo class. One is with a wide aperture, one is with the small aperture. You have 2 minutes. GO!

No comments: