Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Something for the Headstone

I passed Yoga.

Actually maybe that should go on the bumper of the car so I can park next to all those crunchy Volvos at Saturday Market and not feel like a chemical poser. Oh yeah, and A+ in Poetry. Take THAT faerie folk! Sure four of the poems were about television, but you go with your strengths. So, let's see, that means I'll graduate with a journalism degree and some grade cred in poetry. Totally marketable assets.

Spring break was fun, all 2 days of it. The people kind of ruined things tho'. Ikea was like running with bulls in Pamplona, but with more carnage and crying. Some woman muscled me into a pallet of plastic boxes and kept on walking. What? Was I blocking you from a sale on the Felaflurs or something? Gie us a break. So we bought a cheese grater, had some meatballs and went over to Portland proper and to Powells where -- shut up -- they had the Shah Rukh Khan (unauthorized?) biography among other treasures. I kept to my list of books so we wouldn't run out the time on the parking meter, but it was difficult. I loves the books.

Oh yeah, then we bought a camera.


Nikon D40. wheet whoo. Yeah, this is someone else's photo of it. Know why? Because I haven't used it yet. Know why? Because I'm afeared of it. The cousin/roommate was letting it run on auto, random point and shoot, and it still took really nicely balanced shots, but he's a photographer and can do that. I point it around on auto and it takes pictures of the insides of my nose just before it breaks off the strap and hits the cat in the head.

This weekend I'll take it out and see if I can get some shots of the Frisbee golfers or something, and then, sure, maybe make the blog a little more interesting and even set up one of those Flickr things. I'm a little worried about toting it to school for class, so (shhh) I'm not going to let on to the professor that I have my own camera and just use the Canons they have for the students. Is that wrong?

Oh, and you thieves out there, it's registered with a driver's license id burned into it, so f-- you.

No comments: