Monday, January 19, 2009

A Whole New U

So, yeah, we watched "Space Seed" last night because we're nerds. It's just the way it works out. Wrath of Khan isn't on BluRay yet so the verdict is still out on whether or not that's really his chest. Those who say "yes" feel pretty strong about it, but I just don't know...

We have started the rebuilding process. I've ordered Om Shanti Om from Amazon and we have a new PlayStation. The phone helper at EA Games was really sweet in helping us replace the Rock Band 2 dongles that were stolen with the console. You can't play the guitar without a dongle, just ask Pete Townsend. Unfortunately you can't buy dongles, so we had to cry to EA Games and they were very, very helpful, Gar bless 'em.

But it was hard going through the BluRay selection at Target because it kept reminding me of what was stolen and, more important, of what I forgot to put on the police report. How could I forget that we had the first season of the Dukes of Hazzard on dvd? Oh well, I guess it won't ever come back. And why would they take it? So random.

What will come back is my red suitcase. I didn't even know they took it, but how else would you carry all that stuff? It makes sense. It may have been used to steal from other people too. The cops found it on Saturday and called because my name is on the tag (way to think it through, thieves). It's been impounded, but I have to wait until tomorrow to find out if any of our listed stuff is at the station with it.

I'd really like to get the stuff back, but by Saturday we had kind of moved on, and this is a little bit of a setback. I just want to hire guard dogs and get on with my life.

Alora. Tomorrow is a new day and a new president and a new future and the past is the past. Tomorrow it'll all be okay.

No comments: