Monday, January 05, 2009

The Things They Carried

First day of Winter Term and I'm lugging around the following bits of junk:
2 books for Digital Freedom
3 books for Poetry
1 book for MacroEconomics with cd
1 500 page wirebound notebook for all classes
2 report covers
1 yoga mat
1 pair of pants
1 umbrella
1 mini laptop with plug

Added:
1 bottled water

It was as I was buying that bottled water that I was deciding if it was really worth it to carry one more mutha effing thing around. I was already at about 75 lbs of stuff (not counting the overcoat) spread out over 2 bags. But it meant being a dollar lower in weight and I was thirsty, so ...

Then, it turns out that I don't have class from 3 to 5 like I thought, but from 4 - 6. Which means that I can come home for lunch. Which means I didn't have to tote all that crap to school this morning because I only needed 2 books, 1 yoga mat and 1 pair of effing pants.

Which makes me stupit.

No comments: