Tuesday, January 27, 2009

All Praise Eurovision

So thanks to John Fenn, I've not officially caught Eurovision fever. I was avoiding it, but I just had to read more about that UK song and then the Bulgarians, who I love, are narrowing down and Norway's at a choice of 2 and Iceland ... I mean, come ON how can you now choose "Lygin ein"? You can see snippets of past winners/not-so-winners here - www.eurovision.tv - but I think Father Ted should really have gone all the way in '95. (If it doesn't link in -- and it looks like it's being kiboshed a bit -- you can click here)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LH, I present, for your reading pleasure, a link to my coworker Paul's experience with the phenomenon that is Eurovision, while living for a spell in Finland. It is quite amusing and also a little painful to read. Ah yeah, sublimity at its best.

Enjoy!
http://paulquillen.blogspot.com/2007/06/eurovision-urine-saga.html

li'l hateful said...

That is the best thing I've read in a long, long time.

“my god, this music is wretched, empty, filthy. I can’t stand it.”

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like that part, too. Really, the whole thing rules! And as some one with a bladder the size of a walnut, I can't imagine I'd have made it half as long as our man Paul.
I'm glad he lived to tell the tale.

Anonymous said...

The last portion of the link was cut off:
http://paulquillen.blogspot.com
/2007/06/eurovision-urine-saga.html

(: