Monday, December 15, 2008

You Only Christmas Twice

Friday I got the report that the platelets were down again (42), and the doctor doesn't seem too concerned that they're going the wrong way, although we just watched an episode of House where there was fictional concern that a patient's platelets were down to 35, but anyway... not happy.

Saturday the cousin/roommate's parents left town and I shopped for other people n' junk and then ran across town and went to the company Christmas party where the boss kept asking cousin/roommate/coworker and me to sit at the big table, but since we were kind of cheating on the one free drink (I gave mine to the c/r/c) ... it just wouldn't be fittin' to do that in front of the guy who was paying, ya know?

And throughout all of this we keep hearing about STORM WATCH with the worst snow in 10 years on the way, and me with no paper to write and no story to cover in other towns, decided we needed a stay-in day. So with everything taken care of Saturday afternoon, Saturday night we bought Rock Band 2.

This is the bestest Christmas present EVER.

MPH on drums and Veda Vacant on guitar (and some other people who fill in, like the female vocalist who sings like Beck) ... ladies and gentlemen, presenting ... GRINDHOUSE.

We've already won a van and traveled from our hometown of Stockholm to Amsterdam. We've rocked out enough for me to buy the combat shorts I'd had my eye on. I toyed with piercings, but I've got this librarian look going and I'm not sure yet where I want to go with the face jewelry.

We'll see.

I love Christmas.

No comments: