Saturday, December 13, 2008

Debtors ring, are ya listenin'...

End of term, time to sleep and reassess the meaning of it all, and buy a bunch of stuff I can't afford.

Actually, the cousin/roommate's been spending the most $$ lately, but he can afford it since he ain't got none credit card debt.

Really, that's our house n' stuff. We live with this beautiful oak bit of loveliness. The decorations are by the cousin/roommate's mom. Isn't that a sweet buffet? I envision having decanters of scotch on top so I can invite people in and offer them a drink. Or, on our hunting party weekends we'll put out the samovar and the heated pans of eggs and Irish bacon. "Have you breakfasted yet, Sir Henry?"

Or we'll store tea things and playing cards in it.

This is the cousin/roommate's bed.

Yeah ... I don't want to talk smack about Ikea, but you can see why I feel a little ashame'd to be sharing a house with this across the hall from my rounded pine Schuflenfurger.

Thank you all for your nice comments on the story -- it helped me rate an A+ in Reporting II. Do I still want to give up on reporting? ... ... eeeyeah, kinda. It's fun and all, but the chances of scoring a job right now are really slim. And, honestly, I just want Ebert's gig at the Sun. The name dropping and reminiscing that fills the reviews now ... dude. Gimme da keys.

No comments: