Friday, October 03, 2008

The Political Blog

I got the laptop ordered, but only after crying into the phone: "This is the fourth phone number I've had today. They won't talk to me in Finance. How am I supposed to get this done?" -sniff- "Sorry ... I'm just so ... frustrated." Crying women make men nervous, I guess.

She breaks just like a little giiiirrrrlll.

Watched part of the debate, but, gosh, that opening bit about the mahms and dads on the soccer field kinda, you know, made me, well, gee ... kinda fecking furious. Dad's deciding on how to change his vote to Democrat. Seriously. He told mom "I wish the positions were reversed," which means he feels obligated to vote with the party, something he told me NEVER to do: "If the better man is on the other side, then you need to vote for him." He'll come around and see that light, unless Palin cries and then, well, gosh ...

I counted about 11 uses of "nu-cu-ler" from Palin before we turned it off to watch an old episode of Ryan's Hope -- the cousin/roommate didn't believe that the psycho bad guy from Dirty Harry played Frank, so we recorded it. (Man, the Soap Opera Channel ... what a crazy thing.)

But the funniest part of the debate, apart from her accusing Biden of "throwing up the white flag of surrender," which I thought was pretty ballsy for a girl, was her phrase "environmentally friendly drilling."

Will someone please explain to me what the f**k that is.

2 comments:

Mr. Bascomb said...

"environmentally friendly drilling."

I think it has to be a double entendre...it probably means you're using biodegradable condoms.

li'l hateful said...

Hey, speaking of Bristol Palin, my Sarah Palin baby name was Beans Harpoon.
Go here: http://politsk.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah_13.html