Thursday, October 02, 2008

Award-Winning Customer Service

If that award is WORST, I believe it.

For 5 days I've been trying to buy a fecking Dell mini laptop. They had a PayPal option and I used it (why not? It's secure, right?). PayPal wanted to verify it was me placing the order, so I went through their dog-and-pony verification process, and all was good. Tuesday I check my order status and it's cancelled. I call Dell. 7 times -- although technically only 4, since they hung up on my twice and once they transferred me to PayPal who had already fixed the problem!

So I put through another order. It was cancelled. I'm told that I have to talk to Dell finance, who won't call me back. I was put through to voicemail AGAIN. I called to put through another order and was transferred to THE PARTS DEPARTMENT ("You called the wrong number, ma'am." "THEY TRANSFERRED ME TO YOU!") who said they couldn't help me with the laptop order and that I had to call someone else or put it through online.

May I speak with your manager? "There's no manager here right now, ma'am."
They just hung up on me again.

Dell. You. Suck.

2 comments:

Mr. Bascomb said...

Oh, Cheerist!...don't get me started. Went through Dell financing once....NEVER AGAIN!...seriously, they suck.

Oh yeah...and, doom dadda doom dadda doom dadda doom dadda doom dadda doom dadda doom....check that...like that...wicked!

thanks for the clip...can't get that tune out of me head...and, I like it!

li'l hateful said...

The rest of that movie is pretty hard to take at times -- it's like a Disney musical with shooting and explosions -- but MAN I loves the Bollywood