Monday, September 01, 2008

I am a false prophet...

So remember how I was barking about McCain's poor PR? Friends, look no further than the University of Oregon and the Oregonian: 'Dynamic Duck duo' help propel McCain's campaign.

I just don't know what to think --- except to say that I'm pretty sure my dad isn't going to vote for McCain with the idea that Palin would become president if the old man kick's it in office. He may, on the other hand, vote for Biden, the Catholic working man's hero. Say what you want about McCain's canny choice of a woman VP, but she has less experience than Obama. Although there's this little gem of a quote from the Los Angeles Times : Tamar Fenton, 45, of suburban Minneapolis, said she admired Palin, a mother of five, and was not bothered by the governor's relative lack of experience. "If you can go up against a teenaged kid," said Fenton, "you could go up against a world leader."

Made me think of poor Mrs. Wilcox from Howard's End:
"My idea has always been that if we could bring the mothers of the various nations together, then there would be no more war."

No comments: