Saturday, June 07, 2008

I was better than Cats!

To celebrate the end of the regular school term, the cousin/roommate and I went out and caught the new Indiana Jones movie.

Dude, I don't know if it was because I had a headache or if it was the smell of the guy next to me or what, but this movie kind of sucked. And that makes me sad because I loves the Ray Winstone and I've had a crush on John Hurt since I was eleven (because he's just amazing, that's why -- he can be Caligula, the Elephant Man or a gay undercover cop and he's just brilliant, brilliant), but they just seemed intensely wasted in this movie. I mean, gee whiz, when you're stealing bits from "The Mummy Returns" you've got to be a little desperate, right?

That little Shia labeef kid wasn't bad tho'. This is kind of a sad comment, but whenever he took out his comb or his switchblade the movie picked up and was entertaining. So, yeah, it hinged on the minor props, sure.

Oh, well, actually, it was better than the Temple of Doom, so there you are. I'd see this one again over Temple of Doom any day of the week.

2 comments:

Deepfry said...

oh it definitely wasn't you. the new indiana jones sucked. i mean, it was about ALIENS!!

Aliens?!?! clearly steven lucas or george spielberg or whoever is out of ideas. aliens???

my mom liked it because she pretended that it was supposed to be a campy satirical high comedy. said she laughed outloud the entire time -- i'm not sure how the rest of the movie felt about this display of emotion.

li'l hateful said...

Yeah, and not only that, but like calling them "aliens" was somehow un-PC because they avoided that term like it was the F-word. Inter-dimensional beings -- pfft whatever. Just say space alien, dammit. Be a man.