Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Watch how quickly I can pedal backwards

Okay, so the first day of Spring Term wasn't that bad, all considered. The workload is going to suck, but I actually like the majority of the professors, even the J school ones. The Ethics class ... that's going to take some getting used to. "What's the difference between Ethics and Morals?" hahahaha right out of Election. I wanted to raise my hand and give the Tracy Flick response, but was afraid my face would freeze like Reese Witherspoon's. I'm dying to pipe up one day with "I'm not talking about ethics! I'm talking about morals!"

But Law and Reporting are fun so far, although both seem to promise a kind of Info Hell-style project that's worth some huge percent of the grade. It's a group project in Law and I know -- I KNOW -- I'm going to end up with the two girls behind me who began class with this scintillating conversation: "Um, like, is this Law or Econ?" "Oh, yeah, like, I don't know." "Does anyone know?" "I guess we'll just wait and see." "I hear this class is hard."

Which class? Law? Or Econ?

Maybe they're right to call us all collective morons. I swear these kids are stoned. If not, they should be. They need some excuse.

No comments: