Thursday, March 06, 2008

You con man conning me with your con

This whole Margaret B. Jones/Margaret Seltzer situation is a crack up.

I don't know if it's the half-assed fact checking done by Riverside Books ('I've been talking to her on the phone and getting e-mails from her for three years and her story never has changed,' Ms. McGrath said."), or the way Whiteaker was described as the "ghetto" of Eugene in the NY Times Feb 28th article (sugar, if that's the ghetto, then where the ffff do I live?), or just the whole white girl/black story sold to gullible whitey and how that's both funny and sad.

This is the best comment so far, from Kevin Allman's really great blog series on the subject:
Were any actual black people involved in the publication of this book?

I highly recommend reading the rest of his commentary here.

So where's my book deal? Word.

No comments: