Saturday, February 02, 2008

Taxes Blow

Do it one way and I'm getting $1100 back. Do it another and I'm paying $46. What the f..? Could it be any more irritating? This is the big reason not to buy a house. I mean, aside from not being able to afford it and stuff. I can't even work this out with a student loan.

The replacement pet, Veda, is settling in pretty well. She knows how to use the cat box and thinks I'm great, so what more is necessary? She's different from Cat in many, many ways, which is good, because I don't want to cry every time I pick her up (ohhhhhhhh Cat used to do that wahhhhhh wahhhhh wahhhhhhhh) because that's girly and weak.

Got 3 midterms this week (having already taken the Astronomy one) and I'm training 2 new people at work. How do I do it? Pringles and Guayaki Yerba Mate, friends, and lots of crying (ohhhhhhhh why are there only 24 hours in a day wahhhhhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhh). Already scored an A on my first film paper 'though. phhft Neorealism, what's to know? And go ahead, ax me about Doug Sirk. Go on. Actually at the risk of having this come out wrong, I'd like to thank Hitler, because if it wasn't for the Nazis we wouldn't have Eastman Color or magnetic tape, both of which made Mr. Sirk (also in the US, thanks to the Nazis) king of the 1950's. We also wouldn't have Billy Wilder. Can you imagine a world without Wilder? What if all he made was crazy German-language stuff? Thank you, demonic, evil German empire.

No comments: