Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Pet

So, this week Cat did not get better. She was still taking the steroids, but things deteriorated really fast. She was aware that cousin/roommate and I were in the room and figured that we were decent folk because we fed her n' stuff, but she just didn't seem to know really who the hell we were or why we were in her space. Her left leg was dead -- I'd pull on a claw and get no reaction. She didn't even get out of bed or eat yesterday.

Rather than take her in the car (which she hated) to the humane society, I called a house call vet, who gently put Cat to sleep on her favorite comforter. We played Cecilia Bartoli singing Mozart arias (Cat liked the Carpenters, and I had put it on, but at "We've Only Just Begun" I had to take it off the record player), and it was really lovely and still makes me cry, because it was very sweet and gentle, and I hope one day they make that service available for people.

RIP jungle cat

No comments: