Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A little from column A. A little from column B.

- purchases -
I thought the day I found Cliff Richard's "Devil Woman" on 45 was the best shopping moment of my life. Not so. Land's End Chalet shoes are the BOMB. They came just in time yesterday to walk through the snow to the bus stop. I'm tempted to ride the Le Tour in them today -- yes, it's still icy and will probably snow again, but I've got 4 interviews at work and 2 classes in between, you do the math. Bus don't go 'round here, law dog. And since the University of Oregon has a No-School-Closure-Until-An-H-Bomb-Drops policy, I've got to bundle up in 3 layers of clothes and hit the road. T'anks God for Lands End, that's all I'm sayin'.

- pet -
Waiting to pick up a Siamese named Checkers. Cousin/roommate and I are really against having a pet named after a Nixon graft scandal, so we're re-naming her Veda, after the spoiled bad girl in "Mildred Pierce". Trouble is the shelter's been closed because of the weather ... if only they all had Land's End Chalet shoes ...

- peevish -
Economics was canceled yesterday, so the exam is pushed back until next Monday, but while I was failing the pop quiz last Friday I realized that I've suddenly started living only in the present. I can remember 5 minutes ago, but not 2 days ago. Supply curve and the equilibrium? It was a complete mystery. It's just goes somewhere out of my head when I leave the class and I'm sure it's connected with Alzheimer's or the death of the pet. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking with it all the way through the end of term. Maybe I can get some pity points -- which some kids were trying to get in Astronomy yesterday because they went to a funeral last week and couldn't study ... it had nothing to do with that bud with the long stem they had afterwards that was, dude, so awesome.

4 comments:

Mr. Bascomb said...

Trust me...Your problems with the Economics class are NOT YOUR FAULT! I was a good, to above average math student and got through calculus and physics...BUT! When it came to that damn Macroeconomics class I took at Orange Coast, I found myself at a complete loss to retain even the simplest formulas or concepts.

Each class was 3 HOURS! long. And, later in the evening when I'd attempt to study, I'd find that all my notes for the entire lecture barely covered a third of a page of notebook paper...Plus, I couldn't seem to remember a single, goddamn thing that was discussed!...

It all came to a tragic head when I found myself staring down at my midterm for about 15 minutes and realized that I could not answer a single, f'ing question! NOT ONE! And, worst of all...This was not one of those DREAMS where you're in a class you don't know shit about and having to take a final...This was REALLY HAPPENING!...(at least I wasn't naked, I guess)

Anyway, I had to finally work up the nerve to take my empty-of-answers paper up to the prof's desk and mumble some lame excuse. He tried to encourage me to work on it a little more. But, I just shook my head and got out of there as fast as I could...
never to return....(sigh).

Of course, I'm not saying that that will happen to you. In fact, I'm sure that it won't!...Just wanted you know that you're not alone. And...IT'S...NOT...YOUR...FAULT!

reverend dick said...

"bus don't go round here, law dog"? Thank you, thank you.

Stealin and keepin someone's wordsmithery over here, boss!

li'l hateful said...

Thank you, Mr. B. Dude, this is only the first of two - count 'em TWO - economics classes I need to take for my major. What the ... as if journalists need to know the state of the economy. pfft, as if. And dig this: it's not mandatory for friggin' political science majors -- what the f--k is that all about?!?
(mein Gott, that picture of the dog with the hot dogs gets me giggling every time)

li'l hateful said...

hey wait! That's a pig slicing salami.

bwahahahahahahahahahaha that's even better when you make it bigger.