Monday, December 03, 2007

The name is Lane. Lois Lane.

Term's over! Jaysis, having 2 finals on the same day kind of blows ... and is kind of good because now I'm done and can let the pet use the astronomy notes as a cat toy. Not only that, but today is the first day of the rest of my life. I signed my name to a form that states I'd like to officially major in Journalism -- I know, I know ... I don't really like the department and the experiences in the classrooms are hit and miss, and, sure, yeah, the English Department really is better, but I've only got 5 terms left to play with my education, so I guess I've got to go with the original plan. The government loans are going to cripple me as it is. I can't really push it another year by changing over.

I did make one important change, tho' ... I've ditched Magazine for Newspaper/Editorial.

I add it up this way: the next year and a half I'm going to have to slug through 16 credits per term if I'm going to graduate within a reasonable amount of time. This means stress (or more so) because I'm also pushing for the film certificate, and the idea of having to deal with that and design classes again in the magazine group ... good God, I just couldn't do it. I'm a writer not a draw'rer -- as if it was drawing, anyway, when we all know that it's really just pushing a mouse around and developing carpel tunnel and tendonitis. But I digress. I don't want to design a magazine, I just want to write for one, and that wasn't working out, so rather than be seduced by the dark side and bow down to the power of Flux (that's the name of our campus magazine ... it's a 17th century disease, ain't it?), I ditched it. It's just not my thing, man.

I still don't see myself as the ambulance chaser or the one that pretends to be married to Jean-Claude Van Damme so I can get the exclusive story on the horrors of the Canadian prison system, and maybe I still want to work for Star or People, but the reality is that maybe it's time the Register-Guard stopped reprinting Roger Ebert's film reviews and started letting some local knowledgeable film type tell you what to spend your 8 bucks on. Am I right people?

yeah...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not right...unless you change your tune re. van daaaaaaamn! 2 times! 2 damn tough! i could go on, but i think the point is made. plus and also: what about your bike?

li'l hateful said...

"One packs a punch One packs a Piece together they deliver"
That is all