Friday, December 07, 2007

A-I-D-A Attention, Interest, Decision, Action

So the marketing side of me -- the dark side, the evil side, the Vader side -- says I should mention potica (or patiza) in every blog entry so I can drive more visitors into my page. The decent side of me -- the light side, the good side, the Mother Theresa Skywalker side -- reminds me that I really don't know the first flippin' thing about making a potica (although I know plenty about eating it), and it's dishonest to keep up the charade just to get strangers to stop in.

But now that I have your attention ...

It's so tempting to throw out some Communist ideology, anecdotal stories from my knowledge of the life of Robert Louis Stevenson, or my theory on why "The Little Drummer Boy" is the worst Christmas song ever and how that's increased infinitely by the version done by Bob Seger.

But really ... how important is all that compared to making really good cheesy pastry bread?

But, to all of you coming through on Google, I really don't know how to make it. Sorry.

And in case I don't get a chance later -- Santa, all I want for Christmas is for Hatton to defeat Mayweather. Thank you.

No comments: